COVID-19 Update – 7th October 2020
MEMBERS ARE REMINDED THAT, IN THE ABSENCE OF SAFETY COVER, THEY SHOULD NOT LAUNCH IN WINDS ABOVE 15 KNOTS TO MINIMISE THE RISK OF THE RESCUE SERVICES BEING CALLED OUT, FRONT LINE STAFF BEING PLACED AT RISK OF COVID-19 INFECTION AND THE CLUB’S REPUTATION BEING DAMAGED FOR BREACHING RYA GUIDANCE “do not place unnecessary extra strain on the RNLI or emergency services”
A phased return to sailing has been adopted by LLSC since Wednesday 20th May 2020.
Full details of the club’s Covid-19 Policy and Rules are available at
Summary of Phase 4a Sailing and Canoeing rules – amended 7th October 2020:
1. Access to the club grounds only with a contactless fob – available via web collect.
2. Park leaving sufficient space to socially distance
3. No access to changing rooms (members should come down changed or change in their vehicles)
4. Limited access to toilets – please observe social distancing and hygiene, particularly frequent hand washing and do not use the toilets as changing rooms
5. Limited access to the clubhouse for a take away service from the galley serving hatch and table service from the bar following the one way system and maintaining a social distancing at all times. Wear face masks inside club when not sitting and eating/drinking, only one at each table inside.
6. Independent sailing and racing slots should be booked online – no more than the maximum bookable sailing slots per session, paid up club members only. No other activities need to be booked.
7. Anyone using club facilities must sign in using the NHS COVID-19 app and the QR code or by leaving their name and email address and/or phone number at the galley or bar
8. Gatherings of over six people are now illegal indoors and outdoors organised sporting activities are exempt but not spectators or pre/post sailing onshore gatherings
9. Limited use of communal facilities or buildings following the one way system and adhering to social distancing and hygiene guidance
10. Please follow Government-approved RYA guidance when sailing with non-members of your household or social bubble – see https://www.rya.org.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/clubs/RYA%20Sailing%20%26%20Racing%20in%20Mixed%20Households.pdf
11. Only limited access to RIBs by safety crews, instructors and coaches authorised by the Committee.
12. Members and guests must observe at all times current travel restrictions, social distancing and good hand hygiene – per government legislation and RYA guidelines
13. Members should remind each other of the legal requirement to observe all current government COVID-19 regulations with a risk of a £10,000 fine for any significant breach.
Thank you all for your continued support, please take care and stay safe.
Dave Kelsall Commodore – on behalf of the Committee.
7th October 2020